• Helpita Universitas Riau
  • Gusnardi
  • Hendripides




Financial Knowledge, Financial Attitude, Locus Of Control, Financial Management Behavior


This study aims to determine the effect of financial knowledge, financial attitudes and locus of control on financial management behavior of students of the Economic Education Study Program, FKIP University of Riau. The population in this study were active undergraduate students of the Economic Education Study Program, FKIP University of Riau, batch 2018 and 2019 both male and female who lived in boarding houses with a total of 88 students. The sample of this study amounted to 88 students with the sampling technique using the  saturated sampling technique. The data collection method uses a questionnaire distributed through google forms and the collected data is then tabulated and analyzed using multiple linear regression. Hypothesis testing was carried out with partial and simultaneous significant tests. Based on the results of the study, it was found that the coefficient of determination (R2) was 0.440, which means that 44% of financial management behavior was influenced by financial knowledge, financial attitudes and locus of control while the remaining 56% was influenced by other independent variables not included in this study. Future research is expected to be able to examine other variables other than the three variables in the study. Keywords: Financial Knowledge, Financial Attitude, Locus Of Control, Financial Management Behavior


Download data is not yet available.


Amanah, E., Rahadian, D., & Iradianty, A. (2016). Pengaruh Financial Knowledge, Financial Attitude Dan External Locus Of Control Terhadap Personal Financial Management Behavior pada Mahasiswa S1 Universitas Telkom. E-Proceeding of Management, 3(2), 1228–1235.

Gusnardi, Suarman, & Huda, A. (2019). Financial Management Literation in Education Institutions. Proceeding of the SS9 & 3rd URICES, 302–310.

Herdjiono, I., & Damanik, L. A. (2016). Pengaruh Financial Attitude, Financial Knowledge, Parental Income Terhadap Financial Management Behavior. Jurnal Manajemen Teori Dan Terapan, 9(3), 226–241.

Herlindawati, D. (2015). Pengaruh Kontrol Diri, Jenis Kelamin, dan Pendapatan Terhadap Pengelolaan Keuangan Pribadi Mahasiswa Pascasarjana Universitas Negeri Surabaya. Jurnal Ekonomi Pendidikan Dan Kewirausahaan, 3(1), 158–169.

Humaira, I., & Sagoro, E. M. (2018). Pengaruh Pengetahuan Keuangan, Sikap Keuangan, dan Kepribadian Terhadap Perilaku Manajemen Keuangan Pada Pelaku UMKM Sentra Kerajinan Batik Kabupaten Bantul. Jurnal Nominal, VII(1), 96–110.

Kholilah, N. Al, & Iramani, R. (2013). Studi Financial Management Behavior Pada Masyarakat Surabaya. Journal of Business and Banking, 3(1), 69–80. https://doi.org/10.14414/jbb.v3i1.255

Laily, N. (2021). Pengaruh Literasi Keuangan Terhadap Perilaku Mahasiswa Dalam Mengelola Keuangan. Academia, 64–72.

Lestari, M. A. (2020). Faktor – faktor yang mempengaruhi perilaku pengelolaan keuangan keluarga. Artikel Ilmiah, 1–42.

Listiani, K., & Kurniawati, S. L. (2017). Pengaruh Financial Knowledge, Locus of Control, dan Financial Attitude terhadap Financial Management Behavior Pada Mahasiswa. Jurnal Manajemen STIE Perbanas, 1–11. http://eprints.perbanas.ac.id/2917/1/ARTIKEL ILMIAH.pdf

Nobriyani, A. P., & Haryono, N. A. (2019). Faktor-Faktor yang Memengaruhi Financial Management Behavior pada Keluarga TKI di Kabupaten Ponorogo. Jurnal Ilmu Manajemen, 7(3), 841–856.

Rizkiawati, N. L., & Asandimitra, N. (2018). Pengaruh Demografi, Financial Knowledge, Financial Attitude, Locus of Control dan Financial Self-Efficacy Terhadap Financial Management Behavior Masyarakat Surabaya. Jurnal Ilmu Manajemen, 6(3), 93–107.

Sina, P. G. (2013). Money Belief Penentu Financial Behavior. Jurnal Economia, 9(1), 92–101. https://doi.org/10.21831/economia.v9i1.1379

Suwatno, Waspada, I. P., & Mulyani, H. (2020). Meningkatkan Perilaku Pengelolaan Keuangan Mahasiswa Melalui Financial Literacy dan Financial Sel Efficacy. JPAK : Jurnal Pendidikan Akuntansi Dan Keuangan, 8(1), 87–96.

Trisnowati, Y., Khoirina, M. M., & Putri, F. A. (2020). Faktor Yang Mempengaruhi Financial Management Behavior Pada Mahasiswa Fokus Keilmuan Ekonomi dan Bisnis Kabupaten Gresik. Jurnal Manajerial, 07(02), 110–123.

Yulistia, R., & Iramani. (2018). Faktor-Faktor yang Mempengaruhi Perilaku Pengelolaan Keuangan Keluarga di Kabupaten Tuban. Artikel Ilmiah STIE Perbanas Surabaya, 1–13. http://eprints.perbanas.ac.id/3565/9/ARTIKEL ILMIAH.pdf