Focus and Scope
OIKOS: Jurnal Kajian Pendidikan Ekonomi dan Ilmu Ekonomi offers original articles on economics education. In its pages, leading scholars evaluate innovations in teaching techniques, materials, and programs. Instructors of introductory through graduate level economics education will find the journal an indispensable resource for content and pedagogy in a variety of media.
- Research in economics education:
- Original theoretical and empirical studies dealing with the analysis and evaluation of teaching methods, learning attitudes and interests, materials, or processes.
- Economics content: Substantive issues, new ideas, and research findings in economics that may influence or can be used in the teaching of economics.
- Economics instruction: Innovations in pedagogy, hardware, materials, and methods for treating traditional and newer subjects. Issues involving the way economics is taught are emphasized.
- Online: The Online section identifies exemplary material for teaching and learning economics that is interactive or otherwise not conducive to traditional printed-page format. It features noncommercial work by economists and educators who are creating teaching materials using innovative electronic technology.
- Features and information: Reports on the status and events that influence academic economists (the labor market, status of women and minorities, and developments within graduate and undergraduate programs).